Awesome Spring Cleaning Tips That Will Change Your Life
It’s that time of year again, time of flowers blooming, birds chirping, and the dreaded spring cleaning.
But this year things are going to be different because now you have the ultimate list of spring cleaning tips from your local moving experts, Jake’s Moving and Storage.
Thanks to our years of experience as the top movers in Maryland and DC areas, we have comprised this guide for everything you need to know to make spring cleaning easier than ever. Our spring cleaning tips are also based on our superior know-how of junk removal, furniture assembly, and packing/unpacking services.
Last year, we shared a few ideas to make spring cleaning easier and this year, we are taking it to the next level.
So, let’s get right to it!
Spring Cleaning Tips To Get Things Done Faster
- Be thorough: Clean one area at a time and avoid incomplete jobs. It’s better to have a few rooms really clean than a lot of space that is just sort of clean.
- Move in the right direction: Always move from the top floors to the lower floors and clean from the inside to the outside. Otherwise, you may risk getting all the stuff you just cleaned dirty again.
- Multitask: For example, while you are cleaning the living room, have your laundry going at the same time.
The Best Tools To Use To Make Spring Cleaning Easier
You may remember a post we wrote last year where we discussed some common household items guaranteed to make moving easier.
Well, there are also a few items that will make deep cleaning a lot less unpleasant.
- Buy new gloves: Get a large pack of gloves for cleaning that are comfortable for you to use. Afterall, you don’t want to run out of gloves in the middle of cleaning the bathrooms.
- Get plenty of trash bags: A big part of spring cleaning is getting rid of old junk and you will create plenty of trash.
- Purchase a duster with an extendable reach: This will allow you to get those hard to reach areas that are usually ignored throughout the year.
Tips For Deciding What To Clean
The whole point of spring cleaning is to really tackle those problem areas that you don’t reach during your regular cleaning routine throughout the year. And one of the reasons this project can become so stressful is that most people are worried about having enough time for everything.
You can relax!
You can save a ton of time by cleaning only what really needs it. So, if you clean your shower on a fairly regular basis, you can skip that in favor of something that you rarely deal with like the space behind your refrigerator.
And that brings us to our next set of spring cleaning tips…
How To Stay Organized
- Make a list: Before the big day (or weekend) make a list of everything that you want to get done. Then assign tasks to everyone in the family.
- Go shopping: After you plan what will get cleaned, make another list of all the supplies you will need and get everything in advance.
- Get an assistant: Don’t try to do it all yourself. Enlist a good friend, a well-behaved kid, or reluctant spouse to help. They may not jump at the chance to be your little helper but in the end, the extra help will make everyone less stressed.
Bonus Tips For Spring Cleaning
- Be careful: Sometimes, a proper cleaning requires moving furniture. To avoid injuries, be careful not to move heavy items on your own.
- Think before you throw: Before you decide to throw away those old sheets and towels, don’t! Instead, save at least a few of them to use as rags for cleaning
- Reward yourself: Whether you prefer a relaxing spa day or a day with the family at the zoo, come up with a reward system before you start cleaning. That way, you will have something to look forward to after all your hard work is done.
To sum up:
Most people don’t look forward to spring cleaning, but it doesn’t have to be so bad. So make a plan, roll up your sleeves and get to it! And be sure to check out our website for more awesome moving tips and to learn more about our complete range of moving and storage services near you.
The next step:
Once your home is clean and organized, it’s time to redecorate for the summer!